Important Risk Information
This information must be preceded or accompanied by a prospectus, click here to view or download prospectus. We advise you to consider the fund's objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other important information about the fund. Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest.
There are risks associated with investing, including possible loss of principal. Because the Fund is new, it has no performance history. Blockchain technology is a relatively new and untested technology, with little regulation. Potential risks include vulnerability to fraud, theft, or inaccessibility, and future regulatory developments effect its viability. TIPS can provide a hedge against inflation, as the inflation adjustment feature helps preserve the purchasing power of the investment. Because of this inflation adjustment feature, inflation protected bonds typically have lower yields than conventional fixed rate bonds and will likely decline in price during periods of deflation, which could result in losses. Fixed income securities are subject interest rate, credit, inflation, and reinvestment risks. Generally, as interest rates rise, the value of fixed-income securities falls. Cybersecurity attacks affecting the Fund’s third-party service providers, App, blockchain network, or the issuers of securities in which the Fund invests may subject the Fund to many of the same risks associated with direct cybersecurity breaches.
Blockchain Fees, Functionality and Transaction Processing.
A blockchain is an open, distributed ledger that digitally records transactions in a verifiable and immutable (i.e., permanent) way using cryptography. A distributed ledger is a database in which data is stored in a decentralized manner. Cryptography is a method of storing and transmitting data in a particular form so that only those for whom it is intended can read and process it. A blockchain stores transaction data in “blocks” that are linked together to form a “chain”, and hence the name blockchain. Users of blockchains, such as Stellar and Ethereum, must pay transaction fees to the blockchain in order to validate a transaction, which in the case of Stellar and Ethereum is in the form of lumens or ether, the native digital asset for the operation of Stellar and Ethereum, respectively. These transaction fees will be the responsibility of WisdomTree Digital Management or its affiliates; Fund investors will not be required to purchase any such blockchain native digital currency, such as lumens or ether.
- Weighted Average Coupon - The mean of the coupon rate of the underlying bonds in a portfolio.
- Average Years to Maturity - The mean of the remaining term to maturity of the underlying bonds in contracts the portfolio.
- Effective Duration - This statistic provides a measure of the sensitivity of the Fund's price to changes in interest rate changes and is calculated as the weighted average of the individual bond durations. For each bond, it also addresses that interest rate changes can alter expected bond future cash flows through embedded options. The calculation is also expanded to incorporate the contribution of derivatives to the overall interest rate risk sensitivity to the portfolio.
- Average yield to Maturity - Average Yield to Maturity represents the weighted average yield to maturity of a Fund's investments in money market securities and short-term fixed income securities as of a specified date. Yield to maturity is the rate of return generated on a fixed income instrument assuming interest payments and capital gains or losses as if the instrument is held to maturity. The weighted average yield is calculated based on the market value of each fixed-income investment. The calculation does not incorporate yield from any currency forward contracts that might be part of the Fund's investments and does not reflect Fund Expenses.
- Embedded income yield represents the annualized rate of return generated by a Fund's investment in both fixed income securities and derivatives exclusive of interest rate changes and movement in foreign exchange spot rates. The calculation is intended to capture the Fund's potential to earn income return over the following year given current holdings and market conditions. The embedded income yield will differ from the portfolio's yield to maturity, due to the incorporation of derivatives in the embedded income yield. Embedded income yield and portfolio yield to maturity may differ from a Funds actual distribution and SEC yield and do not reflect Fund expenses.
- Fund Distribution Yield - Fund distribution yield is calculated by annualizing the most recent Fund distribution and dividing by the current Fund NAV. The yield represents a single distribution from the Fund and does not represent the total returns of the Fund.
- SEC 30–day Yield - The yield figure reflects the dividends and interest earned during the period, after the deduction of the Fund's expenses. This is also referred to as the "standardized yield."
- Quality – Credit ratings apply the underlying holdings of the Fund and not to the Fund itself. S&P and Moody's study the financial condition of an entity to ascertain its creditworthiness. The credit rating reflects the rating agency's opinion of the holding's financial condition and history. The ratings shown are all considered investment grade and are listed by highest to lowest in percentage of what the Fund holds.
Neither WisdomTree, Inc., nor its affiliates, nor Foreside Fund Services, LLC, or its affiliates provide tax advice. All references to tax matters or information provided on this site are for illustrative purposes only and should not be considered tax advice and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties. Investors seeking tax advice should consult an independent tax advisor.