Masters in Business on Stocks For The Long Run with the Jeremies
Professor Jeremy Siegel recently released the sixth edition of his book Stocks for the Long Run (SFTLR), and WisdomTree is proud that our Global Chief Investment Officer, Jeremy Schwartz, joined the professor as a co-author of this new edition.
The two Jeremies appeared on Barry Ritholtz’s Masters in Business podcast, and you can listen to the audio linked below. A transcript of the conversation also can be found here.
In this wide-ranging podcast, the Jeremies discuss:
- Their 20-year history working together, first on the third edition of SFTLR (2002) and then on Professor Siegel’s second book, The Future for Investors (2005). They also discussed their research on high-dividend and value investing that supported WisdomTree’s funding in November 2004 and launch of 20 ETFs in June 2006.
- New topics in the sixth edition of SFTLR: extended sections on value investing, ESG, the fiscal and monetary policy response to the pandemic and its implications, the long-run returns to real estate and the long-term outlook for bond yields.
- Inflation dynamics and the Fed: how terribly Powell would score in the professor’s financial economics course at Wharton and what caused the Fed to go wrong in saying inflation was transitory last year, resulting in hawkish responses today.
- The 25-year growth-to-value cycles: valuations on high-dividend stocks around the world as well as the attractiveness of small-cap value versus large-cap growth in today’s market.
- Updated outlooks for stocks, bonds and more!
Jeremy Schwartz has served as our Global Chief Investment Officer since November 2021 and leads WisdomTree’s investment strategy team in the construction of WisdomTree’s equity Indexes, quantitative active strategies and multi-asset Model Portfolios. Jeremy joined WisdomTree in May 2005 as a Senior Analyst, adding Deputy Director of Research to his responsibilities in February 2007. He served as Director of Research from October 2008 to October 2018 and as Global Head of Research from November 2018 to November 2021. Before joining WisdomTree, he was a head research assistant for Professor Jeremy Siegel and, in 2022, became his co-author on the sixth edition of the book Stocks for the Long Run. Jeremy is also co-author of the Financial Analysts Journal paper “What Happened to the Original Stocks in the S&P 500?” He received his B.S. in economics from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and hosts the Wharton Business Radio program Behind the Markets on SiriusXM 132. Jeremy is a member of the CFA Society of Philadelphia.